We are very fortunate that so many of our families adhere to our school uniform policy and the children at St Therese take great pride in their uniform and looking and feeling smart. It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in school-organised events outside normal school hours. We ask children to wear their shirts tucked into their skirts or trousers and to take a pride in their personal appearance. Some items of uniform can be bought from school suppliers (currently Elizabeth’s Embroidery and Motif8 ), whilst others are easily available, at very competitive prices, at local shops including supermarkets.
We believe our school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in our school
- Identifies children as belonging to the community of St Therese
- Supports our commitment to inclusion
- Is practical, smart and designed with health and safety in mind
The uniform colours are purple, red, and emerald green. The colours have been chosen to symbolise the following:
Purple: the new millennium; our school was opened in the year 2000.
Emerald Green: represents growth and is linked to the colour of the garden and linked to St Therese of Lisieux, ‘The Little Flower’
Red: represents love and our mission to ‘Live in Love’ it also represents passion and enthusiasm which we share here at St Therese.
Our School Uniform consists of the following:
School Uniform for Reception children upwards:
- Purple knitted sweater or cardigan with red and emerald logo (uniform suppliers)
- White buttoned neck shirt with short or long sleeves
- Purple, emerald and red striped tie (uniform suppliers)
- Black knee-length skirt or pinafore/ Black school trousers or shorts
- School trousers must be school style only – no skinny fit/jean or chino style and jersey material is not allowed
- Black socks/tights
- Flat black shoes – no boots or trainer styles allowed
Summer Uniform Variations:
- Girls may wear a traditional style summer dress which must be purchased from our school suppliers. PLEASE NOTE: NO OTHER DRESSES MAY BE WORN AT SCHOOL
- Plain, flat, black or white shoes or closed-toed sandals may be worn in the summer term with white socks
- Purple school cap with logo (if required for sun protection)
All classes (Reception – Year 6):
- Purple PE shirt with school logo (uniform supplier)
- Black sports shorts/skorts
- All children should have black PE shoes in school; these can be plimsolls or black/white trainers that are to be kept in school
- Black socks/sports socks
Outdoor PE Kit (KS2 Pupils)
- Black hoodie/sweatshirt (may be purchased with a logo from the uniform suppliers)
- Plain black jogging bottoms
PE uniform should be brought to school in a drawstring bag as we do not have enough space to accommodate larger bags in our cloakroom area.
Please note: school fleeces and showerproof coats with the school logo are also available from the school uniform suppliers.
Jewellery, Hair Ornaments, Make-up and Nail Varnish
For health and safety reasons we do not allow children to wear jewellery. Ear-rings are not permitted, we ask that if you wish for your child to have his/her ears pierced this takes place over the school holidays. In exceptional circumstances where ear rings cannot be removed your child may be permitted to wear plasters provided from home to cover their ear rings for a limited time. If a child forgets to remove jewellery before coming to school, he/she will be asked to remove it and place it in his/her tray until home time.
Children are required to remove watches during PE lessons to prevent them from causing injury.
Hair bands, ribbons/bows or ornaments should be simple and in school colours. The Hair bands should not have large flowers /bows attached. Make up and nail varnish should not be worn to school.
All hairstyles should be in keeping with our traditional school uniform. Hair that is longer than shoulder length should always be tied back. Children should not have their head shaved very short nor have decorative patterns cut into their hair or their hair dyed.
All children from Reception to Year 4 are expected to have a school book bag which can be purchased from our school suppliers. Pupils in Year 5 and 6 may bring a small backpack to school with a hook at the top which can be hung up easily- please note due to storage children may not bring large bags with thick straps/handles as they do not fit on school pegs. Large backpacks are not permitted.
Elizabeth’s Embroidery and Motif 8, our local uniform suppliers, keep stock of all of our uniform items. As well as a uniform shop at their premises they also have an on-line ordering facility for your convenience (Elizabeth Embroidery password stps for Reception – Y6 or stey for Early Years), with delivery to home or school. Visit their websites at:
Our School Uniform Policy can be found on our policies page
Please see information from Elizabeth Embroidery regarding ordering September 2020 uniform here