Year 4 – Teacher Miss Jones
I would like to welcome you to Year Four! In our class we strive to be the best we can be in all we do and appreciate each other’s different talents and strengths. We work on the basis that with a growth mind-set and a positive attitude we can achieve great things. We are all on our own individual learning journey but help and support each other along the way. Most importantly – in Year Four we have lots of fun!
Equipment requirements for Year Four
- Pupils should come to class each day with their book bag if they wish.
- Pupils should bring a clean, freshly filled water bottle.
- Pupils are required to bring in a small wipeable pencil case as with basic stationery which can be identified as their own and is to be kept in school.
We will be having PE on Fridays. Children will be required to come to school wearing their full PE kit.
Homework will be set on a Friday via Google classrooms on the section titled ‘Homework’. The section titled ‘Home Schooling’ will have work on every week and is only to be done if a child has to self-isolate.
Autumn Learning project – I am Warrior!
During our learning project, Year 4 will be learning about the Roman Empire, with a specific focus on the impact of the Romans in Britain.
I am Warrior! I am strong, brave and powerful. Meet me in battle. Draw your sword, wield your axe and challenge me if you dare. Invade and attack. Romans versus Celts, the fight is on. Discover warring Britain: meet Claudius, Boudicca and Julius Caesar and find out what the Romans did for us. Get ready for Gladiator School and learn alongside Spartacus and Spiculus, brave fighters of the Roman Colosseum. When all that battling makes you hungry, relax, lie back and feast yourself on dormice and grapes, or perhaps a roasted swan sprinkled with nuts?
Please click here for Reading Plus Guidance for Parents.
During this time, we ask that you don’t come to the classroom door for any reason at the beginning or end of the day. If you have any concerns please call the school or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for your continued support.
- Curriculum overview for Year 4.pdf pdf1.1 MbSep 16th, 2020
- KO - Misty Mountain, winding river.pdf pdf2.5 MbSep 8th, 2020
- KO - Vista.pdf pdf6.0 MbSep 8th, 2020
- KO - 1066.pdf pdf4.6 MbSep 8th, 2020
- KO- Road Trip USA.pdf pdf3.8 MbMay 7th, 2020
- KO- Potions.pdf pdf3.0 MbMay 7th, 2020
- KO- I am a warrior.pdf pdf4.1 MbMay 7th, 2020