White Rose Maths Home Learning Videos and Activities – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Mrs Norris would like to welcome you to Year Four! In our class we approach every task with a smile and we face challenges confidently and with determination. We strive to be the best we can be in all we do and appreciate each other’s different talents and strengths. We are all on our own individual learning journey but help and support each other along the way. Most importantly – in Year Four we have lots of fun!
Our first Learning Project of Year Four is called ‘I am Warrior’. This term, we’ll divide into two warring groups: the Celts and the Romans. In our battle games, who will be victorious? We’ll research Celtic and Roman warriors and write battle cries. Using maps, globes and information books, we’ll compare Britain (the home of the Celts) and Rome (the home of the Romans). Using different source materials we’ll investigate the Roman Empire and read Roman numerals. The Celtic warrior queen, Boudicca, will inspire us to create stories, models and artwork. Towards the end of the project, we’ll reflect on what the Romans did for us as we become archaeologists, examining and sorting artefacts.
Equipment requirements for Year Four
- Pupils should come to class each day with their school reading book and reading record.
- Pupils should bring a clean, freshly filled water bottle.
- Pupils do not require a pencil case as school will provide any necessary equipment providing it is looked after and returned at the end of the day.
Year Four children are also required to have full indoor and outdoor PE kits in school each day.
See uniform requirements for further details.
Year Group Expectations
Year Group Expectations provide information for parents and carers on the end of year expectations for children in our school. The National Curriculum outlines these expectations as being the minimum requirements your child must meet in order to ensure continued progress. The year group expectations can be found here
Our current PE sessions are on a Monday morning and Thursday morning. Please ensure both indoor and outdoor PE kits are in school at all times.
Homework will be set on a Friday to be handed in the following Wednesday. Reading is expected at least 4 times per week and children should write a short comment in their Reading Record each time they read.
Please remember the door is always open if you have any questions or queries at any time. Please feel free to call in for a chat – I look forward working with you this year.
Thank you for your continued support.
- KO- Road Trip USA.pdf pdf3.8 MbMay 7th, 2020
- KO- Misty Mountain Sierra.pdf pdf3.1 MbMay 7th, 2020
- KO- Potions.pdf pdf3.0 MbMay 7th, 2020
- KO- I am a warrior.pdf pdf4.1 MbMay 7th, 2020
- 2020 Information for parents multiplication tables check.pdf pdf833.0 KbMar 11th, 2020
- Curriculum Plan Year 4.pdf pdf718.9 KbSep 24th, 2019