Welcome to Early Years
In EYFS, the most important thing is that we all feel secure, happy and loved. We learn to care for each other and keep everyone safe, having lots of fun in the process of exploring and learning through play.
The Early Years Team
Miss Ansboro – EY Leader & Reception Class Teacher
Mrs Bailey – Reception Class Teacher
Mrs Woodier – Nursery Class Teacher
Preparing for Nursery
Please read about preparing your child for Nursery from the downloads section below
Early Years Information
The EYFS Map can be found under Curriculum Subjects
Early Years are having a fantastic time learning about space as part of our spring term topic ‘Out of this World!’ We have explored the planets in our solar system and created our own aliens. The children can’t wait to start finding out about dinosaurs next!!
What to expect, when?
Please find the “What to expect, when?” document below in the downloads section for guidance to your child’s learning and development in the Early Years Foundation Stage. The document includes information about your child’s next steps and ideas of how you can support them in each area of learning.
Some useful websites
Letters and sounds is a great website for phonics games and extra information about phonics Letters and sounds
Phonics play is another fun website full of interactive phonics games Phonics Play
Teach Handwriting is an excellent website with practise worksheets and video clips demonstrating how to form letters using the pre cursive script Teach Handwriting
Parent Observations in Early Years
In Early Years, we get as excited as you do watching your child grow and develop, and would like to celebrate all their achievements – whether they happen at school or at home with you. We would love to hear from you about the things your child enjoys or achieves. It helps us to create a ‘well-rounded’ picture of who your child really is. The following documents can be found in the downloads section below
- Parental Observation letter
- Star Moment sheet
- Me, My Family & World
Early Years Sports Festival
Reception class had a very energetic morning of PE with Sporty Bear After practising our ball skills, playing parachute games, running relay races and balancing we were all ready for our lunch!
We were all sporting superstars!!
Nursery and Reception were absolutely mesmerised by our fantastic visiting story teller, Chris Connaughton. We had a wonderful time listening to and joining with the story of ‘The Elves and the Shoemaker.’ Miss Ansboro and Mrs Woodier were so impressed with how well we listened to the story.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Early Years team.
Early Years Newsletters:
- Nursery Newsletter 06.12.19.pdf pdf117.7 KbDec 16th, 2019
- Nursery Newsletter 29.11.19.pdf pdf532.8 KbDec 3rd, 2019
- Newsletter Reception 15.11.19.pdf pdf25.6 KbNov 22nd, 2019
- Newsletter Nursery 15.11.19.pdf pdf186.0 KbNov 22nd, 2019
- Newsletter 18.10.19.pdf pdf138.4 KbNov 10th, 2019
- Newsletter 25.10.19.pdf pdf363.2 KbNov 10th, 2019
- Newsletter 08.11.19.pdf pdf203.8 KbNov 10th, 2019
- EYFS Curriculum Map.pdf pdf469.7 KbSep 25th, 2019
- EYFS Brochure.pdf pdf527.7 KbMay 20th, 2019
- Me, My Family & World.pdf pdf206.2 KbMay 20th, 2019
- What to expect.pdf pdf2.7 MbMay 20th, 2019
- Parental Observation letter.pdf pdf194.7 KbMay 20th, 2019
- Star Moment sheet.pdf pdf79.4 KbMay 20th, 2019
- Preparing for Nursery.pdf pdf87.1 KbMay 20th, 2019